Last week I turned 17 and I can't believe I'll be 18 next year...And yes, one of the pictures above is that Hagrid gave to harry Potter. I had to put it in here, this what a fangirl has to do! Of course I have also learned other important things, but these are the ones I thought I would be sharing. Here they are:
1. Spend time with your beloved ones, you don't know when they will no longer be there.
2. Being curious and opened minded is the key of learning. Having the willing to discover new stuff is really good, it means you have an active mind that needs to be feeded!
3. Staying calm while arguing with somebody helps you control your emotions towards the person you're angry with. It's hard at the beginning, but once you get the hang of it, it naturally comes out!
4. What people think about you is their opinion, not who you are.
5. Accept constructive criticism.
6. Don't underestimate the power of a smile, it can brighten up somebody's day (even yours).
7. Move! Now that you're still young make time to run, jump, dance, even play around! Maybe tomorrow you won't be able to do it.
8.Travel as much as you can, at least for me, it makes me feel extremely free! When you visit a country, show interest for their culture and their habits, natives will appriciate it (speaking their language would be a massive plus as well!)
9. Collect moments, not things, but if you are kind of like me, only keep the useful and joyful things :)
10. Stand up for what you thing it's right, don't be afraid to speak up your mind in a respectful way, of course!
11. It's okay not to be okay. If you wake up one day and you don't feel like pulling a nice face, don't do it. You have the right to be upset and not pretend that everything is fine. Take your time to get better and whenever you feel like you're alright again, move on!
12. Don't be scared to ask. You will never know if you never even try.
13. Be ambicious and positive.
14. You don't have to regret decisions you made in the past. It's called "past" for something. Learn from your mistakes and don't be too hard on yourself because at the end of the day, we're all humans.
15. School won't teach you everything, but everything you learn will always come handy. Never stop learning, keep constantly updating your knowlegde :)
16. There is no need to rush, there's time for everything. Everybody says that you only live once, that life is too short. In today's world we see tiny girls wanting to act as adults... I think that every stage of your life has to offer you different experiences so don't ruin it wanting to skip from a kid to an adult (for example).
17. Learn to let go, even if it's painful. The best is yet to come!